Sunday, November 7, 2010

I'm Sorry Mother, I'm... anemic!

So... I'm like 99% sure that I'm anemic.

I've always been a little iron deficient.  I can remember being a small child and having my pediatrician tell my mother to buy Flintstones chewable vitamins with extra iron.  And every time I've tried to donate blood like a good citizen, I've been viciously turned away because my iron level was too low.  (That's okay, I hate needles anyway.)

Seriously though, I'm showing all the signs.  I'm paler than my normal vampire-like pale (sorry I still don't sparkle), my lips are abnormally light for my "coloration," my short term memory is shot, I'm irritable as if I'm pmsing, and I'm dead exhausted all the time.  ALL THE TIME!

I'll sleep until noon because it's a Saturday and two hours later I'll be tired again.  Then I'll sleep until noon because it's a Sunday and it'll be just like Saturday all over.  Except I can't sleep until noon on a Monday.

I'm not sleep deprived; I'm not pulling all-nighters or partying all night.  Sure, I might not go to sleep until 1:30, but I wake up at 8:30.  That's seven hours of sleep.  I got that much sleep throughout all of high school and never felt like I do now.

How do I feel?  Well for the first couple of hours after I wake up, I'm good:  I'm not hyper or anything, but I'm definitely not tired.  And then everything starts to blur.  I start to forget what I'm taking notes for and stare vacantly at what the professor is writing on the blackboard.  I'll write down the definitions in very sloppy handwriting and then stare in to space.

And the irritableness!  My god, the irritableness!  I get pissed at every little thing.  It doesn't take much for someone to get on my bad side these days and every sleight is blown out of proportion.  I get angry at my physics homework (which I don't like even when I'm healthy) and become enraged when I realize that a problem has five parts.  I start to imagine showing up at my physic professor's office and telling him "calculate the velocity of this!" and throwing the textbook at him.  Depending on how tired I am, I might try to calculate the odds that I would get arrested for such an act.

Luckily though, I bought supplementary iron pills from Walmart today.  Hopefully this will get better soon, because I have less than a month until finals week.

<3 Very Tired Mandy

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home